This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, customers and prospective customers, students and prospective students, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons on whom Josephine Chisholm – Artist holds information. By ‘information’, we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ means Josephine Chisholm – Artist, and ‘you’ means the individual to whom the information relates. We are the data controller and operate our website http://www.josephinechisholm-artist.co.uk
Information we collect
- Your name
- Your contact information such as your address, e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Information relating to your attendance of, and interest in, Josephine Chisholm – Artist’s exhibitions, events, and classes
- Information about you that you give in person at our exhibitions, events, and classes, or by filling in the contact form on our website http://www.josephinechisholm-artist.co.uk, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and
- Information in relation to your purchase of our artwork, lessons, tickets for events, and other business activities.
Ways we collect information about you
We collect the information you give to us when you purchase any artwork, or visit us, visit our website, use the contact form on our website, or when you contact us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise directly.
Use of the information we collect
We use your information to:
- Provide information to you about our artwork, exhibitions, classes, events and other business activities that we think you would be interested in
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Communicate with you
- Improve and enhance our website and keep it safe and secure
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For security and check your identity
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For the purpose of legitimate interest pursued by us
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts
- In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
- We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children or request personal information from them. If you are under 18, please request your parents/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the website. Without permission, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interest are: (1) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience as someone who is interested in our business activities; (2) to make sure you receive up to date information about Josephine Chisholm – Artist’s business activities; (3) to provide the artwork, lessons, tickets, and other services you have requested; and (4) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your person information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal date which we hold for you;
- to amend your personal data
- to ask us to delete your personal data
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described in the marketing section.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing, and we will respond within a reasonable period of time.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following e-mail address: josephine @josephinechisholm-artist.co.uk.
Where you are one of our clients, customers, or students, or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Josephine Chisholm – Artist’s artwork, exhibitions, classes and other events. You can ask for such information not to be sent to you at any time by contacting Josephine Chisholm – Artist, or where an unsubscribe button is provided with the information using it..
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we send you direct marketing information we may retain your contact information necessary for this as long as you do not ask for such information not to be sent to you. If you do this we will retain sufficient personal information to enable us to respect your wish not to be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via social media buttons. We do not share your personal information with these sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. Please check their policies before you submit any data to these sites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcome and should be addressed to email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check from time to time for updates or changes to our policy.