Kaleidoscope Art provides tuition and encouragement for artists who are either beginners or improvers.
Kaleidoscope Art is for students who want to develop confidence in their painting and drawing in a convivial, friendly and practical atmosphere.
I encourage students to explore and experiment in different colours using various mediums, techniques and subjects. I draw, in particular, on 20th Century and contemporary artists as sources of inspiration and knowledge.
I give emphasis to students’ own projects, the upkeep of sketch books, and individual student needs.
The Water Meadows location of Winchester Rugby Club gives Face-to-Face Kaleidoscope Art an ideal relaxing natural feel. As well the club has plenty of parking for students, and is conveniently close to the city centre.
This page’s photos and testimonials below give a flavour of Kaleidoscope Art.
KALEIDOSCOPE ART COURSE AUTUMN 2020
- At the Winchester Rugby Club, North Walls, Winchester SO23 7SU
- The course is for up to 12 beginner and improving artists
- 10 weekly sessions of 2 hours each
- The sessions start in the morning at 10 am
- Starts on Wednesday, 16th September, and ends on Wednesday, 2nd December, with half term on 21st October
- The course fee is £140 per student payable in advance
- The fee includes catch up sessions for those who miss 3 or more regular ones. These are arranged as necessary
- The course will be compliant with whatever Covid 19 regulations are in place at the time
- Course notes provided
- Free parking
If numbers are sufficient, I plan to run a second course on Thursday afternoons beginning 17th September, and running to 3rd December with half term on 22nd October.
KALEIDOSCOPE ART ZOOM TUTORIALS
Based on the experience I have had from running on-line Kaleidoscope Art tutorial sessions during the Lockdown, I am planning to continue them in the Autumn for artists who are not comfortable with face-to-face sessions at the Rugby Club, or who find they better meet their needs.
The tutorials will give artists at any level the opportunity to seek, and to benefit from artistic guidance in their own homes
The course of on-line tutorials is as follows:
- 10 on-line sessions of 1 hour using Zoom
- Will be limited to 4 students per session
- The content will be similar to that of face-to-face Kaleidoscope Art Course
- The first session will be in the week beginning Monday, 14th September, with last one in the week beginning Monday 30th November. Half term will be in the week beginning Monday, 19th October
- The fee for on-line sessions will be £10 per session per student payable in advance.
- For the full course, booked in advance, there will be a 20% discount, making a course fee of £80 per student
- Notes will be provide after each session
I am happy to give any Kaleidoscope Art student advice by e-mail outside the sessions.
APPLICATION AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact me by e-mail through the contact page if you want to apply for the Kaleidoscope At Course or Zoom tutorials or need further information or have questions.
I can also help those eager to improve their painting and drawing skills through tailor-made art tuition for individuals or small groups.
Once I know what my clients requirements are, I agree a programme, venue, times, and a fee.
To inquire about tailor-made art tuition please email me through the Contact page.
THE FLAVOUR OF KALEIDOSCOPE ART
en plein air
What my students say
“Josephine always praises your effort and gives you constructive criticism which gives me a feel good factor.”Marie Holder
“I have been attending Josephine Chisholm’s art classes for almost three years and joined the group when I was a real beginner. Since that time I have benefited greatly from Josephine’s expertise and skill to allow my creativity to come out. I so enjoy the classes with Jo. She is fun, relaxed and very encouraging and she will always offer gems of artistic wisdom. I would highly recommend her classes to any budding artists.”Jenny Warner
“Jo uses her knowledge and experience to inspire us to try to develop a wide range of skills and constantly encourages us to try new things and different media.Nick Page
Jo gives us individual constructive tips to enhance our paintings and our techniques. We all go at our own pace in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.”
“I always look forward to the session, Josephine is always well prepared, informative with materials and ideas. Always helpful and supportive of me, techniques and styles. I leave the class inspired and waiting to do more at home. A very enjoyable class.”Jackie Russell
“I have been attending Josephine’s art classes for the past – – – -years and have found them to be both inspiring and positive. She has given me great confidence in respect of my innate artistic shortcomings, and also made very helpful suggestions both in the general classes and also in private lessons. Her colourful and creative approach has boosted me considerably as, without it, I am sure I would have given up in desperation long ago.”Sarah Goudge
“Through constructive tuition and encouragement, not only has Josephine taught me painting skills and techniques, but through her inspirational example I have greatly extended the range of my work, especially in landscapes.”Tony Sexton
“Jo is an excellent teacher. She is very motivating and inspirational. Her art classes are well structured, including a demonstration at the start and notes to take away with you each week.Linsey Cox
Jo provides a very supportive atmosphere. She divides her time up equally between each student giving advice and pointers on how to improve.
I thoroughly recommend her classes.”